Thursday, July 22, 2010

2 weeks post op....


So today finally is my 2 week post op and you know what that means....
MUSHIES!!!!
Yay! I was so tired of the broths, juices, jellos, and mainly the protein shakes. Even though there is one drink I totally love, it's called muscle milk & the flavor is Banana creme.
I had some tuna today just plain out of the can with lemon lol. I really need some ideas as to what mushie food you all ate so I know what I am able to eat & stuff.
On another subject, I started school last week so I've been busy with that. I didn't finish high school so I signed up for my GED and started last week. Good things are comming my way :) All these changes in my life, everything is falling in place. I had to write an essay yesterday at school to see where I am at with my writting, and well as you all have noticed. I suck at writting, so please bear with me. Hopefully now that I am back at school I will learn how to write & make it interesting but most important make sense. :)
So as off today day 14 of my surgery I have lost 21.6 lbs. Woo who!!! Loving it! I really need to get all my water in, that is where I am struggleling. I have never been a water drinker.
Well my dears this is all for today. You all have a good night!

9 comments:

  1. Right On girly!! Water will be your best friend from here on out, make it taste good. For about $1 you can buy those flavor packets that you can add to your water. My favorites are from the crystal light and Hawaiian Punch family (not the fruit punch). One will flavor a 1.5 liter bottle easily, then your good for about another 20oz, and done for the day if you so choose.

    Mushies..the thought of real food made me very excited, remember to go slow. Oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, 100 calorie yougurt (greek has more protein). Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know tuna was a mushy? Although I never had mushies, I had clear soups and then full soups. For mushies, I thought it was more like mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, yogurt, stuff like that but I am no expert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I loved mushies!!!! It was almost real food - lol! Way to go with your loss so far, you are doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing fab! Soups and protein drinks worked for me! Oh yeah, mashed potatoes - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great chica...keep up the good work and good luck with school...that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. first of all congrats on the weight loss!!! yay!! and congrats on going back to school!!! new and wonderful things are happening for you and this is just the beginning!

    and thank you for posting this!! i'm in search of good tasting protein drinks so i'm def gonna check this one out. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Muscle Milk! It's expensive (I can get them for $2.50 at a local gas station), but they're a great protein meal on the go when I'm out running around! Congratulations on all of your successes...you're a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mama its been a month since you last posted. where are you? hope all is well. come back soon to let us know everything is alright.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i did applesauce and cranberry sauce for my mushies. Love the Japanese clear broth. I have muscle milk but haven't tried the banana flavor yet. great reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete