Thursday, March 4, 2010

Scariest Day of my Life!!!

So a few day ago I went to Dr. Billy's seminar for the lap band. There he spoke of all the complications obese people can have. I was always so proud to say " As big as I am and have been for most of my life, I feel good. I have no diabetes, no cholesterol, no nada. I am as healthy as can be." Well..... that all changed yesterday. I started the day was any other day, got the kids ready took them to school, came to work had my breakfast (enchiladas de mole). Then around noon I started feeling heartburn, I never ever get heartburn. All day I felt it really really bad. Then when I was off I went to pick up Julian from the boys & girls club, and when I was driving home I started feeling like if my heart was going to come out. My chest started hurting really really bad, then I kept on feeling like a bubble of air coming up my throat like if it was going to choke me. I called my hubby and told him that we were on our way home and to please be ready, that I needed him to take me to the hospital ASAP. I really thought I was having a heart attack. As we were getting ready to get on the freeway I started to panic even more thinking what if I have a heart attack in the car while he is driving. So I told him to pull and I called 911.

The ambulance gets there like 10 minutes later (we would of gotten to the hospital faster). As soon as they get there I tell them "Help me I am having a heart attack" They are as calm as they can be, and connect me to all these kinds of machines. Meanwhile I am panicking even more kuz I see my kids and I don't wanna die. One of the paramedics asked me if I have ever had a panic attack & i was all like "Listen mister I am having a heart attack please do something to stop it." so they do an EKG on me and say No lady this is not a heart attack your heart looks normal. Good news right? Well if my heart is normal why the heck am I feeling like this???

So they take me to the hospital, and I get a chest xray done & blood work, all looks perfect. Dr. asked me how it started so I told him about the enchiladas & the heartburn so he says that what I have is GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease) So he tells me no more spicy food. WHAT!!! I am Mexican hello! Food with out chile is NO FOOD!

But since I don't to ever feel like this again I must listen to him and not eat spicy food. Or not that much anyways :)
He gave me prilosec to take on a daily basis. We will see if that helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment